Sunday, August 18, 2013

Style?

This week we're supposed to turn in a seven page paper on what kind of clients we want and what kind of therapy we prefer to use.

Boy howdy am I learning about myself. Well no, I think I already knew these things about myself, I suppose I should say boy howdy am I getting confirmation about myself!

Look, we all have feelings. I know I do. I have some really deep oceans of feelings.. but I am more than my emotions. If every decision I ever made was based on how I felt at the time I would still be making the mistakes I made at 25. I was a seriously emotional decision maker back then. And you know what? Moods pass. Things change. And you have this decision you're stuck with. So as I learned this lesson myself I realized that others also make emotional choices. I want to help people see that they can make choices outside of their emotions.

Now let's not assume that I mean you can never make emotional decisions. If you feel the need to tell someone you love them. DO IT. Sometimes we have to make emotional risks. If you think your soul mate is halfway across the world and they feel the same for you.. go for it. Those kinds of decisions are bigger than whether or not to ask for a raise or tell your brother he doesn't use enough deodorant. Conditions of the heart are a whole, and other, topic.

Anyhow, I have said until I am blue in the face that I want to be a life coach. And the types of therapies I would use with my clients really fit into that. I feel like I'm on the right path.


Dean Winchester is a good example of how fucked up you can be, and still get shit done. If you needed a role model of how to get out of bed in the morning and get your life done, just ask What Would Dean Do?

No comments:

Post a Comment