Friday, January 18, 2013


I get both in my mailbox each month. Sometimes on the same day, sometimes a day or two apart. I love them both for different reasons.

Birchbox and I have been together almost a year and a half. Most months are really great, a few months have been lacking. Overall though I have found products I never ever would have found otherwise. Some of them I still use to this day!

Ipsy was something I got in on it month 2 of it’s launch (when it was still MyGlam) which puts us together for a solid year this month! Ipsy seems to be more makeup driven in my opinion but with the hard facts I am proven wrong. Still, I stick by my words because it definitely has more makeup than Birchbox. 

I am truly glad to see both of these in my mail each month. I used to post pics of my boxes but then sometimes I couldn’t take the time immediately and so I felt like I couldn’t dive into my boxes. I love my boxes! I want them nooooow. 

My fav thing to get in the boxes is lipstuff. I love lipstuff. I have found great eyeliners and makeup brushes too. And boy howdy do I love the mud masks and exfoliaters! 

Well, can’t wait to take advantage of this months products! I should start documenting them again. I did turn a bunch of people into Birchbox people! 
Both boxes are monthly things that arrive in your mail for the very happy price of $10 each! Birchbox comes in a hot pink box with a brown box inside. It is full of skin creams, cleansers, hair products, and sometimes mascaras, eyeliners, blush, lipstuff.. Ipsy comes in a hot pink bubble envelope that has a makeup bag inside (quality is getting better as they go. I have watched this company struggle from nothing to pretty awesome.) and it’s full of nail polish, shadows, blushes, hair products, lipstuff, etc.

I can tell you some brands that I now swear by that I learned about from either Birchbox or Ipsy. Yes to Carrots brand makeup wipes called Yes to Cumcumbers (almost daily). Eyeko Skinny liquid eyeliner (weekly use), Benefit POREfessional ( I swear by this every single freakin day!!!), my glam eyeshadow brush (daily), Buxom lipstuff, Mirenesse lip bomb, Chella eyebrow gel (daily use!), Urban Decay 24/7 glide on eye pencil…

Need I say more? Oh and let me mention that you usually get a travel size product! Sometimes it’s a one use thing, but usually it’s travel size so you can try it over and over. Honestly I would not have tried those things I mentioned if they had not been in those monthly deliveries. I mean seriously, it’s like a teeny bit of Christmas every single month!

No comments:

Post a Comment