Sunday, January 20, 2013

Reader problems..



I waited so long for book 3 of this trilogy to come out. And it did. And I do not like it. I am on page 259 of 365 and I am so over it.

Book 1 was amazing! I told all my friends to read it. 

Book 2 was still really good. 

Book 3 is something I am forcing myself to read. The characters are stuck in a boring hell of boringness. I am more than two thirds of the way through the book and I am so tempted to just skip to the end and see how it ends because getting to the end is painful. Where is the spunk these characters had? The fight is gone. They went from I will change the world even if I lose everything and everyone because I am strong and I know the world needs me and needs change! to I'll do some paperwork and hope shit changes. I cannot go on. I don't even care about the main protag anymore. I barely care about my fav character in the book. They have declawed and defanged all the good out of these people. They are flat and their circumstances are boring. 

I don't want to put the name of the series out there because I still love book 1. And all over Twitter they still love book 3. But personally, for me, I am just.. bleh. 

I think I am going to read something else for a while and try to come back to this later. I have other books waiting for my attention and I want to give it to them. I am not shelving this forever, but for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment